Canada High School Program
SMG Canada was designed to be affordable and flexible. Students with program goals varying from an emphasis on a cultural exchange experience, working towards a diploma, or pursuing athletic achievement, can find a community, school, and program type to suit them. With one of the most well funded public school systems in the world, Canada offers a quality alternative to traditional U.S. exchange programs. With access to varied academic opportunities ranging from the arts, sciences, technologies, and trade work such as automotives and cosmetology, students have the opportunity to pursue a personalized education as unique as they are.
With rural and urban offerings available, students can enjoy the best of the outdoors and exciting community life. Active and caring host families are excited to share Canada with international students. This program allows them the opportunity to give their family and community a chance to learn about a culture they wouldn’t otherwise have been able to experience. Caring teachers and a program support team ensure personalized attention and focus on your students at all times. The success and happiness of your students is always our top priority.
Facts About SMG Canada
- Rolling Admissions - students can apply at any time of the year
- Flexible English requirements - students of any English level can be accepted to the program
- Selection - students can choose their school, community, course load, and host family preferences
- Students can earn a high school diploma
- Freedom to return
- Diverse education styles - Semester, linear, International Baccalaureate, and French immersion offerings available
- Middle school and primary school options available
- Over 30 partner districts - SMG Canada offers a variety of options for all students
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Canadian Academic Program accepts from age 11 to age 19.
We offer a semester, academic year, and calendar year programs. We also will work with students who are interested in short term programs.
The Canadian Academic Program offers rolling admission. However, we do recommend getting applications in early, as some districts fill up quickly.
Students can apply with little to no English skills. Each of our school districts has an ESL program.
Students in the Canadian Program live with host families. Our program allows students to request what type of host family they would like to live with. If you want a pet, a brother, or a sister, we can find the host family for you.
Here in Canada, students are able to enjoy every winter sport imaginable. Other than world-class skiing and snowboarding, students can take part in hockey, cross-country skiing, and much more.