Canada Immersion Program
SMG’s short term immersion programs are designed to provide international students from all over the world an opportunity to experience education and culture in Canada. We offer programs for groups that include full classroom immersion and homestay accommodations. These programs combine classroom time, group activities, excursions, and integration with a host family to create exciting and immersive short term high school experiences for our students. Programs are offered during the academic year.
The Chatham-Kent area is best known for its cultural attractions. Chatham-Kent celebrates four seasons of culture with galleries, theatre and family-themed attractions located in its many quaint towns, urban centers, rural and waterfront communities. The area also provides excellent cultural and recreational programs and facilities for residents to enjoy all year long. The region is made up of numerous small cities and towns near pristine beaches and forested areas offering plenty of outdoor activity. This location also provides easy access to larger cities and attractions such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Niagara Falls.
- Classroom Immersion Placements (from Grade 9-12) at several LKDSB. Students will be placed in up to 11 schools depending on homestay availability.
- Homestay accommodation (individual, double, or triple placements possible)
- Return airport transfers (Toronto Pearson International airport or Detroit Metropolitan airport)
- Excursions to Toronto and/or Niagara Falls
- Studyinsured medical insurance
- LKDSB International Education backpack
- One free chaperone per group (15 students)
Nova Scotia Public Schools consist of a collection of schools with friendly and inviting atmospheres. Each school is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities. Students have the chance to choose from a variety of academic subjects, as well as the opportunity to participate in an assortment of extracurricular clubs and sports. Nova Scotia has 2 designated airports, the Halifax Stanfield International Airport and the JA Douglas McCurdy Airport in Sydney.
- French Immersion
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Athletic Academies
- International Baccalaureate Program
- 2-8 weeks options
- Homestay with a Canadian family
- 3 meals per day
- Activities and excursions
- Airport transfers
- Medical insurance
- Immersion in a Canadian Classroom
- 1 Free Chaperone for groups of 10+ students