Canada Immersion Program
SMG’s short term immersion programs are designed to provide international students from all over the world an opportunity to experience education and culture in Canada. We offer programs for groups that include full classroom immersion and homestay accommodations. These programs combine classroom time, group activities, excursions, and integration with a host family to create exciting and immersive short term high school experiences for our students. Programs are offered during the academic year.
Short Term Immersion - Lambton Kent
The Chatham-Kent area is best known for its cultural attractions. Chatham-Kent celebrates four seasons of culture with galleries, theatre and family-themed attractions located in its many quaint towns, urban centers, rural and waterfront communities. The area also provides excellent cultural and recreational programs and facilities for residents to enjoy all year long. The region is made up of numerous small cities and towns near pristine beaches and forested areas offering plenty of outdoor activity. This location also provides easy access to larger cities and attractions such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Niagara Falls.
- 4weeks Classroom Immersion Placements (from Grade 9-12) at several LKDSB. Students will be placed in up to 11 schools depending on homestay availability.
- Homestay accommodation (individual, double, or triple placements possible)
- Return airport transfers (Toronto Pearson International airport or Detroit Metropolitan airport)
- Excursions to Toronto and/or Niagara Falls
- Studyinsured medical insurance
- LKDSB International Education backpack
- One free chaperone per group (15 students)